Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Some music you should give a shot

What I've been listening to lately...



Heavy and melodic.  BLESSTHEFALL always delivers.  I would say this is their best album by far.  These dudes are pretty young, and they keep getting better.  Honestly, it pisses me off.


Dishwalla.  Most remember this band for their 90's hit "Counting Blue Cars" (Tell me all your thoughts on God, cuz I'd really like to meet her")....remember?  Anyways - - - this band never fails to deliver.  They write the most beautiful, epic songs.  The singer J.R. Richards has gone solo since the band split, and his stuff is worth checking out as well.  I will post that sometime soon I'm sure.  My favorite tracks on this album are "Somewhere In the Middle" and "Candleburn".  Check it out, and play it for your lady.


How about a little bit of punk rock?  The Flatliners are awesome.  That's really all I can say.  Their new album, "Dead Language", drops on September 17, courtesy of Fat Wreck Chords...but their previous albums are what won me over.  Especially THE GREAT AWAKE (2007).  Give em a listen.  NOW.


My girlfriend actually turned me onto this band.  They are from London, England, and are considered a style called "indietronica".  Hmmm...the genres they come up with these days fucking kill me.  Anyways - - - I really enjoy this entire album.  "Pompeii" and "Things We Lost In the Fire" stick out as my favorite tracks.   This band is PERFECT for driving in the car.  Listen, buy, download, play and drive. 

If there are any albums or films you would like me to review...give me a holler.

No comments:

Post a Comment