Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WORLD WAR Z


WORLD WAR Z
(2013)
Directed by: Marc Forster
Starring: Brad Pitt, Mireilli Enos, Daniella Kertesz

I heard very mixed reviews prior to seeing this film.  I read the book many months ago, and was super curious how they would turn it into a film...much less a trilogy, as has been in talks.

I must say...I fucking loved this movie.  It was intense.  My attention never left.  When my friends and I sat down to watch it, it was already a couple hours past my bedtime and I didn't expect to make it through the entire movie.  I was wrong.

The acting...the action...the graphics...the gore....EVERYTHING about this movie is amazing....especially the zombies.  I have never seen zombies like these, and I have seen many, many zombie/outbreak films.  I feel that Marc Forster really gave the zombies some personality, despite the fact that they all have one huge thing in common...they're dead.

So, if you haven't seen it yet, and have been wondering whether or not to do so....DO IT.   It comes out on DVD this coming Tuesday...or you could do like I did and download it.  Haha.  I will still buy the dvd because I am a fan, and that is how I roll.

Unfortunately, this movie didn't do as well as it should have while in theatres.  I've read a few articles online that hint that the sequel is already in the works, but some other articles lead me to believe that a future for the WORLD WAR Z trilogy may not be certain.

Keep your fingers crossed, and see this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment